Thyme~For~Gourmet

Well My health (or lack of good in it) has led me to dive into another venture of cooking. Therefor, I have created a new Blog called All Free Living.
I hope that you will continue to follow me over there and embark on this All Free Journey of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar way of life in hopes that my health will improve drastically and the road to good health will be short...
Looking forward to experimenting with foods from the Plant and sharing with all of you.. My passion in cooking delicious, healthy and gorgeous food still lives within and I will be bringing all of that to the table at All Free Living..

Hope to see you there and looking forward to your input...

Michelle

Monday, June 28, 2010

Tomatoe & Provolone Sandwiches EW challenge #2



So purchased the most incredible bread this morning and could not wait to try these sandwiches. Fresh Huge tomatoes from the garden, along with the Basil I used in the Mayonaise..It was so delicious that I had to make a Johnny version so I did a little alteration for his sandwich, afterall he is the meat eater of the house.(I added grilled chicken and some mixed green's..Oh and a little horshradish to the mayo for some kick...Let me just say there was not a crumb left)..Absolutely delicious especially in 103 degree weather...Quite refreshing and oh so good...


Hope you enjoy like we did...Until next time...




Let's make ThymeforGourmet





Ingredients


1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or basil or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pinch of salt
8 slices whole-grain country bread
4 slices provolone cheese (about 4 ounces)
2 large or 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/2 inch thick

Preparation

Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
Mash garlic on a cutting board with the side of a chef’s knife or a spoon until a paste forms. Transfer to a small bowl and combine with mayonnaise, tarragon (or basil), lemon juice, pepper and salt.
Place bread on a large baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the bread over and divide cheese among 4 of the pieces. Continue broiling until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Assemble sandwiches with tomato and the garlic-herb mayonnaise. Top with the melted cheese bread.

(John's Sammy: I added a little horshradish to the mayo, grilled chicken breast and mixed greens...so delish..)


No comments:

Post a Comment