Thyme~For~Gourmet

Well My health (or lack of good in it) has led me to dive into another venture of cooking. Therefor, I have created a new Blog called All Free Living.
I hope that you will continue to follow me over there and embark on this All Free Journey of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar way of life in hopes that my health will improve drastically and the road to good health will be short...
Looking forward to experimenting with foods from the Plant and sharing with all of you.. My passion in cooking delicious, healthy and gorgeous food still lives within and I will be bringing all of that to the table at All Free Living..

Hope to see you there and looking forward to your input...

Michelle

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gadget of the Week Meal


So the gadget of the week was a Homemade Pasta Cutter. I showed you pictures of the pasta rolled and cut. I decided to make Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken, Broccoli and Mushrooms. I served this with Iceberg wedges drizzled with a Vinagrette dressing garnished with radishes and garlic french bread....I had one of my very good friends visiting from Santa Cruz and we had been on the lake all day...Needless to say, everything was so mouthwatering delicious and refreshing that I didn't even have a 1/4 cup leftover for me to nibble on for breakfast...BUMMER!! Pasta dishes are alway's better the next day..

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog, but some photographic hints:

    1. Closeups are better than whole plates - unless you are plating like they do on Top Chef a closeup makes for a better picture.

    2. FLASH. You need a high-powered flash, even for a lot of your outdoor shots.

    3. Low angles work better than overhead shots.

    4. Last, but certainly not least. We associate color with freshness and flavor. Don't be afraid to saturate your pictures a little bit and focus on the colorful elements of the dish, it makes for a better presentation.

    I really do like the blog... I just would love to see your pictures match the writing and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ed,
    All taken well and will do some serious searching into all the advise...

    ReplyDelete