Thyme~For~Gourmet

Well My health (or lack of good in it) has led me to dive into another venture of cooking. Therefor, I have created a new Blog called All Free Living.
I hope that you will continue to follow me over there and embark on this All Free Journey of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar way of life in hopes that my health will improve drastically and the road to good health will be short...
Looking forward to experimenting with foods from the Plant and sharing with all of you.. My passion in cooking delicious, healthy and gorgeous food still lives within and I will be bringing all of that to the table at All Free Living..

Hope to see you there and looking forward to your input...

Michelle

Friday, January 14, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Mini Quiche's


So I have made a New Years Resolution..I am going to EAT CLEAN everyday...Now what that means for me is, I am cutting out all unnatural Sugars and processed foods..Don't get me wrong I was never a sugar junkie or lived off processed foods but you would be surprised how many things have sugar in them. Chicken Bouillon for example. Are you kidding me? How could sugar possibly end up in that??

After 3 day's of a sugar detox headache later...I purchased a book that talks about all of this Eating Clean and started on my New Years Venture...I feel great..It has taught me that you should read ALL labels..Truly, they are very interesting to see what kinda crap they will put in the most simple product that we use in our every day lives...YIKES!!

I came up with this recipe after Roasting Mixed Vegetables that I purchased at the local Farmer's Market here in Templeton (the best one ever in my opinion) I originally wanted to make a Whole Wheat Crust Quiche, but I am still afraid of the Whole Wheat Crust..they tend to be real heavy..I am researching a good flaky Whole Wheat Crust and will attempt that real soon. So I took my Roasted Mixed Vegetables, added some sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach, little bit of shredded Parmesan Cheese with 6 Egg Whites, 1 whole Egg and 1/2 cup FF Milk..Added some special seasonings, put into well greased muffin cups and baked at 350 for 20 minutes...OMG! So delish...I served them with a little Salsa on top....

This is an Eat Clean Recipe...Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment