Thyme~For~Gourmet

Well My health (or lack of good in it) has led me to dive into another venture of cooking. Therefor, I have created a new Blog called All Free Living.
I hope that you will continue to follow me over there and embark on this All Free Journey of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar way of life in hopes that my health will improve drastically and the road to good health will be short...
Looking forward to experimenting with foods from the Plant and sharing with all of you.. My passion in cooking delicious, healthy and gorgeous food still lives within and I will be bringing all of that to the table at All Free Living..

Hope to see you there and looking forward to your input...

Michelle

Monday, January 17, 2011

Shrimp Ceviche


So in celebrating my 45th. Birthday with a Mexican Fiesta theme we decided at the last minute to make Shrimp Ceviche. I have never made this dish before, so without a true recipe and a couple of suggestions from friends this is what I came up with and to my surprise it was absolutely delicious..I served it 2 different way's.

On way was on Endive leaves and the other I just left in a bowl with crackers on side...Both way's were good and everyone enjoyed...


1.5 lbs shrimp

4 Avocados (finely diced)

5 Lemons

1/2 White Onion (finely diced)

2 Lg. Roma Tomatoes (seeded and chopped)

1/3 cup chopped Cilantro

Bay Seasoning


Boil Shrimp in water seasoned with Bay Seasoning and chopped Garlic for 2 min. Drain and put into dish with 4 lemon's juiced. Chill for 1 hr.

In the meantime chop remaining ingredients and place into bowl...Add shrimp mixture with juice and combine...Add salt to taste...

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment