Thyme~For~Gourmet

Well My health (or lack of good in it) has led me to dive into another venture of cooking. Therefor, I have created a new Blog called All Free Living.
I hope that you will continue to follow me over there and embark on this All Free Journey of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar way of life in hopes that my health will improve drastically and the road to good health will be short...
Looking forward to experimenting with foods from the Plant and sharing with all of you.. My passion in cooking delicious, healthy and gorgeous food still lives within and I will be bringing all of that to the table at All Free Living..

Hope to see you there and looking forward to your input...

Michelle

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Orange Marmalade

4 Oranges rinsed and thinly sliced...Removing any seeds
2 Lemons rinsed and thinly sliced...Removing any seeds
8 cups Water
8 cups Sugar
Makes 3-4 Pints
Directions:
Slice fruit in half and then thinly slice. Removing and seeds that sneak in.
Place all sliced fruit and their juices into a large stainless steel pot.
Add 8 cups water and bring to a boil stirring often.
Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
Cover and let sit overnight.:
Next Day:
Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Return mixture to medium boil and cook and additional 30 minutes skimming off any foam that forms until temperature on candy thermometer reads 220 degrees F or until desired thickness. It will be an golden Orange color.
Pour Marmalade into hot clean mason jar, wipe rims and seal lids.
Store in Pantry for up to 1 year.

1 comment:

  1. I've been making marmalade like crazy recently! My favorite is blood orange, but then I like blood orange anything. I have yet to try with regular old oranges. I like the idea of using lemon and orange though to make it a bit tarter.

    ReplyDelete